28.3.14

Tucked Away


[Headband, Necklace, Belt, Jeans, & Shoes - Target; Sunnies - Ray Bans; Cardigan & Bracelet - J.Crew Factory; Watch - Michael Kors; Tank Top - White House Black Market]

I love looking through old family photos.  The 80s were a time of big hair, neon clothes, and lots of acid wash.  However, my mom didn't seem to follow those trends (except for elbow pads... she did like elbow pads... ew).  She somehow seemed to look super classic and put together even in that hideous decade.  One of the things I have noticed that she did often was tuck her shirt into her pants.  Remember those days??  I remember her wanting to tuck my shirt in and I hated it.  I always felt that it made me look tubby.

When I bought this belt, I didn't try it on (dummy) and realized after I brought it home, it was made for my hips, not my waist as intended.  Why have an adorable belt holding up your pants if you can't show it off?  I decided to suck it up (or suck it in) and try the tucked in look.  Do you wear this look?  DO you think the tuck in is coming back (thanks, J.Crew)?

No comments:

Post a Comment