7.3.14

Award Show Style

[Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren - photo c/o Us Weekly; Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney - photo c/o Just Jared; Margot Robbie in Gucci - photo c/o E! News

I'm over the moon for Lupita Nyong'o.  She has skyrocketed to becoming such a style icon during this award season.  Her dress is so Audrey and classic.  I loved the edginess of Amy Poehler's dress while still being incredibly tasteful and age appropriate.  This dress reminds me of something my mom would wear (in a good way!), and her sons should be proud to have such a hot mama!  Finally, after seeing The Wolf of Wall Street, I decided Margot Robbie is probably one of the hottest girls out there (I'm a little depressed we're the same age).  This dress just proves that.  It looks like it was painted on her, it's so perfect!

[Anna Faris in Fitriani - Photo c/o Perez Hilton; Miranda Lambert in Pamella Roland - Photo c/o Perez Hilton; Taylor Swift in Gucci - Photo c/o E! News]

I'm quite a sucker for navy, and Anna's dress at the Grammy's was a perfect shade.  She looks so skinny in it, too!  Of course, when looking for a picture of Miranda, I had to find one with Blake. They are one of my favorite celeb couples and he's the perfect accessory.  This red dress really flatters her figure and she looks so Hollywood glam.  Now, I have some personal issues with T.Swift.  But I do have to admit, she was probably the hottest girl at the Grammy's (after the Queen Bey, of course).  Those sequins are amazeeee.

[Camilla Alves with Matthew McConaughey in Donna Karan Atelier - Photo c/o Galmour; Morena Baccarin in Monique Lhuillier - Photo c/o Huffington Post; Lupita Nyong'o in Gucci - Photo c/o Huffington Post]

Another power couple - Camilla & Matthew.  Wow, if there was one person who could pull off a mustard yellow gown at an award show it would be Camilla.  So daring, I love it!  Morena Baccarin looks absolutely fabulous styling for the post-baby bod.  She's so flawless.  And of course, Lupita.  When I saw this dress for the first time, I clicked and stared for probably 30 seconds.  I was so taken away with the color on her and you can get lost in that collar.  Gucci is killing it at the awards shows this season.

"A little Gucci dress, a little Gucci dress, or a little Gucci dress?"
"I know!  A little Gucci dress!"

Name the movie.


[Lupita Nyong'o in Christian Dior - Photo c/o BuzzFeed; Samantha Barks in Calvin Klein - Photo c/o Daily Mail UK; Naomie Harris in Gucci - Photo c/o Daily Mail UK]

Shocker - look who I loved again!  She is absolutely killing it this award show season.  I wonder how hard it is for her under all this pressure she's building for herself.  Like can you imagine the slaughtering she's going to get on Fashion Police when she makes a misstep?  Oh my.  I'm also loving the simplicity of all of these gowns.  Samantha Barks in that dress is precious.  I love the soft colors.  

Anyone shocked that I found another Gucci dress?  I'm not.

[Lupita Nyong'o in Miu Miu - Photo c/o Just Jared; Cate Blanchett in Giorgio Armani - Photo c/o Fashionista Barbie; Kristen Bell in Cavalli - Photo c/o Handbag]

She did it! Lupita won the Oscar and made it into all of my favorite outfit sections she could!  The girl is amazing.  I know everyone is discussing her Nairobi Blue Prada gown but the one I'm still thinking about is the one she wore to the Vanity Fair party.  I just loveeeee that color green on white.  And she just looks amazing as always.

And it must be about "winners" because I'm also swooning over Cate Blanchett's dress.  I think why I love her style so much is it's so ethereal.  She really does look like a fairy princess (in a good way).

Finally, I love Kristen Bell's gown - it reminds me of something vintage and romantic.  I also like that it's not white, but a gray, since that could make it look a little wedding gown-y.  I think I may also love this a lot... because I may or may not be binge watching House of Lies and boyfriend tells me I act like her... every episode.  Which is not necessarily a compliment even though she's a character you like... 

So anyways...

What were your favorite trends of the award season?  Classic & clean a la Golden Globes?  Subdued glam a la Grammys?  Jewel Tones a la SAG Awards?  Bright & poppin' a la BAFTA?  Or soft & romantic a la Academy Awards?  

One thing is for sure, while I still want J.Law to be my best friend, I want to go shopping with her AND Lupita.  I think that would just be one dynamic duo of amazing women.  Can Emma Watson join too?  


No comments:

Post a Comment